Re: st: slow graphics in Stata 8 (Mac)

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: slow graphics in Stata 8 (Mac)
Date   Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:33:39 -0600

At 08:44 AM 1/24/2003 -0600, you wrote:
Yes, I use 10.2.3 and suffer the same slow speeds. One of my last posts (kdensity) described one graph from the manual that takes 1.3 minutes to compute. This needs fixing.

I would appreciate a .do file from Stata in which we each are able to run to get graphs and times and send to Stata the times required for each test graph. This will at least provide field data to act on.
For what its worth for your comparisons, I have been doing some timing differences using Windows 2000, Stata 8SE, with very large and small data sets. In general, there is about a 9-10 second difference between graph 8 and gr7. For a small kdensity (1,000 obs) its .03 seconds versus 9.58 seconds for version 8.

Fred Wolfe Tel (316) 263-2125
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases Fax (316) 263-0761
Wichita, Kansas [email protected]

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/