Re: st: unable to update user written do-files

From   Laura Ferlic-Stark <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: unable to update user written do-files
Date   Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:53:46 -0600

It may have to do with your file Properties. I received the same error message ("could not rename c:\ado\stbplus\stata.trk to c:\ado\stbplus\backup.trk") after reinstalling Stata from old to new computer (Win95 --> Win2K) and trying to install ado files.
I found that the file Attributes for backup.trk had Read-only checked. I unchecked Read-only and checked Archive and it worked from that point.
HTH