st: commendations to Stata

From   Buzz Burhans <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: commendations to Stata
Date   Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:55:11 -0500

I just this AM installed the Stata 8 and it's net upgrades, and I would like to commend Stata on several notable points.

1. I had been having trouble with upgrading ado files ( as posted on statalist earlier today), and after considerable effort over a previous day and emails with Stata Tech support today, I received, quite unexpectedly, a phone call from Kevin Cross at Stata Tech Support who had decided that since we weren't getting anywhere after many repeated email attempts, he would contact me personally to help. I must say I was tremendously impressed to get that phone call. I had, I hope, been cautious in using up Stata Tech Support time in that I had used both e-mail (extensively) and the Statalist first, but my experiences with other tech support providers make me aware that it is very very impressive to get that kind help and concern about resolving my problem. My thanks, and kudos, both to Kevin, and to Stata for providing that kind of support. Sure makes buying the upgrades a great value!

2. I also downloaded the newest gllamm and tested that today...it had been too slow for me to consider using very extensively. my congratulations to Stata and the authors for the speed improvements...with my data they were substantial!

Thanks

Buzz Burhans

*
* For searches and help try: