Re: st: RE: MCA and cluster on STATA7?

From   Fr�d�rique Richy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: MCA and cluster on STATA7?
Date   Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:12:32 +0100

Thank for your help Nick Cox. I managed my cluster analysis of variables.

For the ACM, you advice me to contact Philippe Van Kerm but how can I join him. Does he have an e.mail? or does he regularly consult Statalist?

Fr�d�rique

At 10:54 23/01/03 +0000, vous avez �crit:

Frederique Richy

> I am new in STATA and I need somme help to perform MCA and
> cluster of
> variables.
> I would like to perform a MCA (Multiple Correspondence
> Analysis) with Stata 7.
> I tried to compare different qualitative variables with
> two, three or four
> modalities.
> I used the command mca. I did the same analysis with
> another data analysis
> software "SPAD". Then I compared the results of the two
> different software
> to check Stata 7 results. The results were quite the same
> for data like
> coordinates, contributions of principal axis, explained
> inertia of axes,
> given approximately the same representation. However, the
> values of the
> principal inertia component were completely different.

< snip >

> To check the MCA results, I would like to perform a cluster
> analysis which
> would compare distance between variables, more precisely
> between variables
> modalities. The problem is that I did not find how to
> perform a cluster
> analysis between variables on Stata 7. I only found how
> performing an
> analysis between the observations. I don't know if this
> kind of analysis is
> possible on Stata7, is it?

On MCA I think you need direct discussion
with Philippe Van Kerm, who wrote this command.

Clustering variables was discussed recently
on Statalist. In essence, you need to transpose
your data. Check out -xpose-.