st: test stored estimates (was "Including population mean in svymean by subpops")

From   "levinsar" <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: test stored estimates (was "Including population mean in svymean by subpops")
Date   Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:42:16 -0700

Colleagues,
I stored results from two separate models and tried without success to test
equality of parameters across the two result-sets. Here's the sequence:

    svymean varname1
    est store A
    svymean varname2
    est store B
    est for * (or _all) : test [varname1]x = [varname2]y

For the post-estimation command, I also tried each of the following:

    test A = B
    test [A] = [B]
    test [A=B], common

In each case, the return said the query to one set of estimates failed in
the other set of estimates -- which, of course, is true, but I thought from
the manual that this wouldn't be a program-stopper. I tried with non-survey
commands (e.g., logit) and got the same results. Help?
arnold

Arnold H. Levinson, PhD
Associate Scientist
Center for Research Methodology and Biometrics
AMC Cancer Research Center
303.777.8801
fax 303.239.3394
[email protected]
Assistant Professor
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics
University of Colorado School of Medicine