st: Re: Survey regression with multi-level models

From   Lisa Jahns <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Survey regression with multi-level models
Date   Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:14:43 -0500

James,
We ran what is essentially a mixed effects model using xtreg, mle, then
bootstrapped the results by stratum and psu level.  email me if you would like the
code to do this.

lisa jahns
Division of Nutritional epidemiology
University of North Carolina

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:53:49 -0700
From: "C.Shaw" <[email protected]>
Subject: st: Survey regression with multi-level models

Dear Statalisters,

I have a multi-level dataset for which I believe a random effects or
random coefficients model would be appropriate.  However, the data were
collected from a probability sample, and I would like to account for
this in the estimation process.  Does anyone know if there is a "svy"
regression equivalent of -xtreg- or -xtgee- in Stata?  I understand that
the population-averaged model allows for pweights, but I do not believe
that it allows for clustering or stratification.  Any guidance would be
greatly appreciated.

- --
James Shaw
Graduate Research Associciate