st: -set cmdtitle- in version 8 (was Stata 8.0SE startup - no review or variable windows?)

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -set cmdtitle- in version 8 (was Stata 8.0SE startup - no review or variable windows?)
Date   Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:44:28 -0500

> Regarding the removal of the top part of the Stata command
> window, like what was done in 7.0.  I think Kaleb is refering
> to the use of -set cmdtitle off-.  This was a work around
> introduced in Stata 7 addressing a problem that was related
> to using the mouse in the command window on Windows 2000
> and XP platforms.  It is my understanding that it was just a
> temporary fix made available until a more sutable solution
> could be made available.
>
> --James
> [email protected]

Personally, I really liked the ability to remove the command window
title area--it saves valuable screen space.  I don't have my version 8
yet, but it sounds like that feature is gone in the new
version...personally I hope that Statacorp sees fit to bring it back in
an update.

--Nick WInter