Re: st: Stata and stat-transfer

From   Steven Dubnoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata and stat-transfer
Date   Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:29:16 -0800

Roger Newson's stcmd family of programs are automatically installed by the windows version of Stat/Transfer, if Stata is on your system. Unix users of Stat/Transfer can find them in the Stata subdirectory of their CD and install them manually.

On Windows, the files are installed in your personal ado directory and the stcmd.ado is patched so that it points to your copy of Stat/Transfer. Therefore, Windows users should be able to use stcmd, stinput, and stoutput as if they were native Stata commands.

I am not sure why Ricardo Ovaldia's particular transfer is failing, but it is a very good idea to try out your conversion either in the Stat/Transfer command processor or the menu system, where you are likely to receive much better diagnostics. Alternatively, if you add the -v switch to your command, you will receive more "verbose" output.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/