Re: st: Restricting access to some files using "net from ..."

From   Philippe Glaziou <glaziou@pasteur-kh.org>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Restricting access to some files using "net from ..."
Date   Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:15:55 +0700

Fred Wolfe <fwolfe@arthritis-research.org> wrote:
> I was wondering if there was anyway to restrict access to certain files on
> our website that will be accessible via Stata's "net from http"// ..."

Restricting access to files served by a web server is primarily
the business of the software serving the pages. In the case
of apache, an easy way is to put a .htaccess file in the directory
from where the stata.toc file is served, containing a directive to
allow access from selected IP addresses, and denying access to
the rest of the world.

--
Philippe Glaziou <glaziou@pasteur-kh.org>