st: svy commands

From   "Prof. Francesco Donato" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: svy commands
Date   Sat, 4 Jan 2003 16:21:20 +0100

Dear friends, could anyone expert in sample surveys and Stata help me with
this simple problem?
I have to do the analysis of a data set including the patients of 44 general
practitioners (GPs), who have been sampled from 1,043 GPs living in the
region. All patients of the 44 GPs are included in the survey. I would like
to investigate some proportions and related variables using svymean, svytab
and svylogit commands. In svyset I have the following variables:
PSU : id for each GP
FPC : sampling fraction for GPs, namely 44/1,043
I have a doubt regarding the use of pweight: since all the subjects are
included for each GP samples, I think to ignore PWEIGHT (and oviously
STRATA, since GPs habe been selected using simple random sampling).
Is this procedure correct ?
Thank you in advance.

Francesco Donato
Chair of Hygiene