Re: st: converting .sdd file to Stata

From   Elizabeth Allred <>
Subject   Re: st: converting .sdd file to Stata
Date   Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:35:58 -0500

This must be a very old SAS file. Actually, I think the suffix was .ssd
not .sdd and that this is a SAS V5 file. If you have SAS (any version),
you can read the file and save it in a newer version with a suffix like
.sas7bat which is SAS V7 or V8. Then StatTransfer (V6) would make a
Stata file for you. If you don't have access to SAS, you may be able to
locate an old version of StatTransfer (contact the StatTransfer people
at With an old StatTransfer you can make an old
version Stata file that can be read the current version.