st: out of sample linear prediction in Cox model

From   Lin Zhang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: out of sample linear prediction in Cox model
Date   Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:14:54 -0500

Hello to everyone:
I have a problem in doing a survival analysis. I used a cox model with
weighted sample, the model worked well. Then I wanted to use this
fitted model to make linear prediction (the log hazard ratio) based on
a NEW dataset, it did not let me do this. I don't know if the cox model
can make linear prediction on NEW dataset or the syntax of Stata I used
was wrong.
The Stata commends I used:
. stset msltime censor [pweight=weight2] if (id!=9999)
. stcox exp s1 s2 s3 bmi gender agemslt if (id!=9999)
. predict xb if id==9999, xb
  (I got all missing values for the prediction)
. predict std if id==9999, stdp
  (I got all missing values for the prediction)

It can make prediction on the used dataset. I tried non-weighted cox
model, it also did not work.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance! And Happy Holiday to everybody!

Lin Zhang