st: Is there an equivalent to the LSTAT function following OPROBIT?

From   "BULMAN, Timothy" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Is there an equivalent to the LSTAT function following OPROBIT?
Date   Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:11:20 +1100

Hi

We're trying to develop a model to explain individuals' propensity to save using various economic, demographic and psychographic characteristics available in the HILDA survey (cross-sectional data on Australian households for 2001). We've grouped the responses to a question on how the individual perceives their own savings behaviour into whether the person doesn't save, saves irregularly or saves regularly. This acts as the dependent variable in an ordered probit model. Numerous explanatory variables are then tried on the right-hand side. However, we want to know whether the model is better at predicting certain types of saving behaviour (e.g. regular savers). To achieve this, we were hoping to construct a hit-and-miss table. Is there any way of generating in STATA 7 a classification (hit and miss) table following an ordered probit? In other words, is there an equivalent to the LSTAT function following OPROBIT?"

Much appreciated
tim

Tim Bulman
Economic Research			Tel:	+61 2 9551 8892
Reserve Bank of Australia	Fax:	+61 2 9551 8856

This e-mail message (along with any attachments) is intended only for
the named addressee and may contain information that is confidential
or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, copying or use of any of the
information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message
in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all
copies of the  original message and attachments.

*** This E-Mail has been checked for viruses ***