st: RE: time-series cross sectional data

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: time-series cross sectional data
Date   Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:43:54 -0500

Hi,
I have a time-series cross sectional data set (observations are made for different populations over time and not the same individual i.e. not panel data). I have frequently used the xt related commands for cross sectional panel datasets but was wondering whether there are stata procedures for analyzing the former. For e.g. I have the following data set:
Subject         Time (months)             Outcome (continuous)           independent variable (binary)
1                              3                              231                                            0
2                              3                               130                                           1
3                              3                                145                                          1
4                              6                                200                                          0
5                              6                                ...                                             1
6                              6                                ...                                             0
7                             12                              ...                                              1
8                             12                               300                                          0
etc..
The idea is to evaluate the time-trends in the outcome and secondly whether the trends differ among groups defined by the binary independent variable. I am not familiar with such multiple-survey type data and would appreciate any help on how to proceed (any references would also be appreciated). Many thanks in advance.
Devendra Amre
Montreal, Canada

<<winmail.dat>>