st: more informative names of dummy vars

From   "A.M. Vos" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: more informative names of dummy vars
Date   Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:13:44 +0100

Hi all,
I'm using: -xi: poisson patient i.origin- and so on.
Origin refers to country of origin of the patients and is coded 1,2,..10
and each value is labeled like "Morocco", "Somalia" etc.
Now, when I perform -poisson- (or any other command using -xi-) I get
estimates for:
_Iorigin_1, _Iorigin_2 etc. Instead, I would like to get something like:
_Imorocco, _Isomalia etc. or _Iori_moroc, _Iori_somal etc. that would
make the outcomes readable...

Does anyone know whether it is possible to name the dummies depending on
the labels of the values of the variable they refer to?

Annelies Vos

--
A.M. Vos
dept. of Public Health