st: lnskew question

From   Robert Saunders <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: lnskew question
Date   Sun, 08 Dec 2002 19:00:39 -0600

Hi,

I've been tinkering with log-transforming an outcome variable for a regression, but I thought lnskew0 might be a good trick (and it was doing better than ln()). However, I wonder how I could convert the estimates back to the natural units. For example, I've seen the smearing technique for converting regression estimates scaled in ln(dollars) back to dollars, but I can't imagine what's involved in getting back from whatever it is lnskew0 creates. Then I thought, somebody on STATAlist might know. [Couldn't find anything in the list archives or manual.]

Thanks,

Robert C. Saunders, M.P.P.
Box 90 GPC, Vanderbilt University
Nashville, Tennessee 37203