st: RE: RE: Elementary question

From   "Wallace, John" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Elementary question
Date   Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:04:53 -0800

Hi Steve:
Excel can only handle 256 columns of data (and 65536 rows).  The dataset I'm
working with has 22,000 rows, so transposing it to columns is out of the
question within excel.  Finally, I'll need to perform anovas and oither
statistical tests on that data, which Stata is obviously better at than
Excel.

-JW

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Stillman (LMPG) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 8:38 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: st: RE: Elementary question

John.  You can copy and the paste special, transpose into another
spreadsheet within excel.  Is the size of the datasheet the problem?  Steve

The information contained in this document is intended only for the
addressee and is not necessarily the views nor the official
communication of the Department of Labour.  All final/official papers
which are sent from the Department will be sent by non-electronic means, on
appropriate letterhead, signed by authorised personnel.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---