st: Stata proc equivalent

From   "Dr Philipe Arvers" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Stata proc equivalent
Date   Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:46:05 -0600

Does anyone know what the Stata equivalent is of the SAS proc callis, used
for the structural modelling equations (eqs) ?
Thank you in advance

Philippe Arvers
CRSSA Grenoble

I have not done a thorough comparison, but I am
quite sure that GLLAMM will do most of what
CALIS will do and more. CALIS has a multi-group
feature that GLLAMM may not be able to do, or
perhaps can be coaxed to do via some trick.

Having said that, I would also suggest that you
look carefully at M-Plus, which is a marvelous piece
of software. Details at

Richard T. Campbell
Professor of Sociology
University of Illinois at Chicago