st: RE: Qs on findlag and unitroot

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Qs on findlag and unitroot
Date   Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:55:36 -0000

Hiro Ito

> I recently downloaded findlag.ado, unitroot.ado, and
> kpss.ado and put these
> files in the appropriate folders within the ado\updates directory.
>
> However, while the kpss function works, others, namely
> findlag.ado and
> unitroot.ado, do not work.
>
> Do you know what is wrong with these ado files?  I am using
> STATA/SE in the
> Windows2000 environment.

The following is extracted from a Statalist posting sent on 22
November
and containing general advice which I think applies here.

=========== begin extract

7. Say exactly what you typed and exactly
what Stata typed (or did) in response.
N.B. exactly!

If you can, reproduce the error with one of
Stata's provided data sets or a simple concocted
data set which you include in your posting.

Bad example: The command -fiddle- worked yesterday,
but it is not working today.  [No information]
(Remarkably or not, questions of this form
have appeared on Statalist...)

Bad example: I am using -frog-, but I just get
the message "invalid syntax". [Very little information]

Good example: I am trying to draw a time series
plot using -graph-. Here is a silly example
showing my problem with the auto data:

. gen time = _n
. graph mpg time, c(1) sy(i)

Stata says "invalid syntax". What I am doing wrong?

========== end extract