st: weird ROC curve

From   Arnold Kester <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: weird ROC curve
Date   Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:44:31 +0100

I just produced the weirdest ROC curve I've ever seen, and I suspect
there's a bug in roctab. The curve jumps up and down which is by
definition not possible. For your amusement and curiosity I append the
data. I am aware that as a diagnostic, x is worthless to predict y.

what I did was

insheet using roc_data.out
roctab y x, graph

Arnold Kester