st: RE: Meta analysis of diagnostic test?

From   "Steichen, Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Meta analysis of diagnostic test?
Date   Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:45:23 -0500

Jannik Helweg-Larsen writes:

> I'm trying to get some sort of conclusion from more than 15
> very heterogenous PCR diagnostic studies.
>
> Considered to do some sort of meta analysis- but I've been unable (by
> findit) to locate any specific Stata programs for such analysis.
>
> Any suggestions or references?. Would summary ROC be useful
> and has anybody written ado for these?

I have a simple program that extracts results from Paul Seed's
-diagti- program and shoves them through -meta- or -metan- (as needed).

The statistics meta-analyzed are:
  1) Likelihood of a Positive Test,
  2) Likelihood of a Negative Test,
  3) Sensitivity, and
  4) Specificity.

If this might be of interest to you, Jannik, I can send it your way.

Tom Steichen

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or
proprietary non-public information.  If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if
any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.