RE: st: RE: Re: Other Box plots

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Re: Other Box plots
Date   Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:32:27 -0000

Wallace, John replied to Fred Wolfe:
> Thanks Fred, thats a huge improvement.  The whiskers appear
> to behave as
> percentiles however (5th & 95th, perhaps?) rather than
> functions of the IQR.
> Still a useful display though!

I've got lost in this thread in terms of what
you want.

-box- and -box2- are wrappers for -graph, box by()-.
The box plots they produce are exactly those
produced by -graph, box-: the only difference
is that a preliminary -sort- command is rendered
unnecessary (setting aside the fact that the
sort order of your data may be changed).