Re: st: Fixed-effects estimator for ordinal outcomes

From   "Maureen Paul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Fixed-effects estimator for ordinal outcomes
Date   Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:23:36 +0000

I may be wrong, but I really do not believe there exists any routines at the moment for estimating fixed effects ordinal dependent variables. Certainly, the nature of the probit model makes this near to impossible. So you may have to consider grouping outcomes if possible.

>>> [email protected] 11/26/02 11:16AM >>>
Thanks to all that have replied. I have learnt about how to estimate random effects ordinal outcome models in Stata and both models outside Stata. Could I ask again specifically about fixed-effects estimation for ordinal outcomes? I could not find anything here within Stata. Anybody knows of a routine to estimate FE models for ordinal outcomes? Many thanks, Eric Neumayer