st: mfx compute

From   "Maureen Paul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: mfx compute
Date   Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:05:35 +0000

Hi

I want to calculate the marginal effects after a fixed and random effects logit model. I have two questions that I would like to clear up some confusions:

I am running the following regression: xtlogit depvar hours age lnwage, i(pid)  both for fixed effects (fe) and random effects (re).

1. When I run -mfx compute- after the fixed effects logit model, the results say that there are no effects i.e. no effects for dy/dx. I have been told that I should be able to get marginal effects after the fixed effects logit model. If that is the case, what am I doing wrong?

2. The results I obtain for dy/dx for the random effects model is identical to the estimated coefficients. Is this what I should be getting. I'm I doing some wrong here?

I would be grateful for any help on this.