st: RE: Chow Test and SSE when using "pweight"

From   "Jennifer Ng" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Chow Test and SSE when using "pweight"
Date   Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:42:52 -0800

For the chow test, may be you can run the regression for those two groups
separately and then use their SSR to calculate the F-value.

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Xiaoqu Luo
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 9:29 PM
Subject: st: Chow Test and SSE when using "pweight"

Is there any easy way in STATA to do a Chow Test (when run the same
regression model for two groups, test the difference between the
coefficients for the same independent variable)? I know that I can use
interaction terms with the pooled model but there are many independent
variables and this is not very easy to do. In addition, when I use "pweight"
option with "regress" commond, I cannot get the small table for the summary
of the errors (such as SSE, MSE, etc.). How can I get this table, or I
cannot get them by using "pweight"? A bit confused.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Xiaoqu Luo
Surfy!  Great web search, free web email, and $9.95
unlimited Internet access