RE: st: RE: NPTREND problem

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: RE: NPTREND problem
Date   Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:28:33 -0000

Paul O'Brien

> The treatments are ethinly estradiol (EE) 20mcg v EE 30 mcg
> and response is
> weight change, so I think your first response was right. Is that so?

No, I don't think so. What you were trying was to use
the frequencies of response categories
in -nptrend-, but it is for a measured response
variable. You could look at these data in
various ways, for example by -expand-ing on -pop-
and doing a -ranksum-, but the results look
equally supportive of the null. Arguably, whoever
did not collect or threw away the precise
weight information was discarding any fine
structure there might be.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk