st: stubwidths and value labels in svy commands

From   "levinsona" <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: stubwidths and value labels in svy commands
Date   Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:29:35 -0700

Colleagues,
I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered before, but I
can't locate the answers.
1. In svyprop (and maybe other svy commands), isn't there a way to control
stubwidth?
2. After -- svymean , (by) -- is there a way to list the (by) category
labels so you can run svytest? My labels are verbatim response-categories,
and the first 8 characters are identical in several categories. When I
listed matrices (--matrix dir--), the estimates matrix did not appear,
although it was listed in e(). So I couldn't rename the matrix labels
because the matrix wasn't found. When I listed labels for an available
matrix, several columns had the same 8-character label. In fact, when I
ran --svytest-- using the truncated 8-character label as one side of the
equation, I got an answer!! (Which category was it testing?!) Using --
svymean, (by) nolabel -- I was able to identify the categories I wanted to
test, but is that the only way?
3. As noted above, why doesn't the estimates matrix appear in the matrix
directory if it exists in the e() list?
thx....arnold

Arnold H. Levinson, PhD
Associate Scientist
Center for Research Methodology and Biometrics
AMC Cancer Research Center
303.777.8801
fax 303.239.3394
[email protected]
Assistant Professor
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics
University of Colorado School of Medicine