st: Substituting string values

From   Rodrigo Briceņo <>
To   "Stata" <>
Subject   st: Substituting string values
Date   Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:16:42 -0600

Hello statalisters. I require some help: I'm working with a variable that is
called "servicio". This variable has three values that require some fixing:

1. HOSP.  OBSTETRICIA (two spaces between the words)
2. HOSP.OBSTETRICIA (no space between)

I require that these three values will be the same, for example
HOSP. OBSTETRICIA (one single space between the two words), how can I
substitute those values?