st: xtgee vs xtlogit

From   Marie Olson <[email protected]>
To   Stata <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtgee vs xtlogit
Date   Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:50:28 -0500

Can anyone tell me why I might choose xtgee over xtlogit when analyzing
a dataset of 30 countries for a period of 41 years?  My variables are
the following:
dep v:  war/no war
indeps:  policy/no policy, regime score, gdp change, peace years
The hypothesis is that certain types of policies are associated with the
occurrence of violence, controlling for regime score, gdp fluctuations,
and the number of peace years prior to the current year.

I am relatively new at using such methods.  I had originally thought
xtgee was only appropriate for continuous outcome variables, but was
recently told I was wrong in that assumption.

Thanks in advance.
Marie