st: RE: canonical variate; multivariate ANOVA

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: canonical variate; multivariate ANOVA
Date   Sat, 26 Oct 2002 16:35:11 +0100

Sheela Athreya
> 1) Can I use the "factor" command (or any other command) to
> perform canonical
> variate analysis (not canonical correlation)?
> 2) Is it possible to perform a multivariate analysis of
> variance?  This
> wouldn't be the same as an N-way ANOVA, would it?

> Does anyone know how to calculate a Mahalanobis's distance
> statistic in Stata?

-findit- gets hits on all of these in the form of software which
may be directly or indirectly useful.

Please check out the first FAQ below.