Re: st: Anova with repeated variable

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Anova with repeated variable
Date   Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:54:56 -0500

VIVIAND Xavier <[email protected]> asks:

> I am trying to replicate with Stata the  two way Between-Within Analysis of
> Variance example proposed by Keppel (Design and Analysis, 3rd ed, Table 17-6
> pp 375). In this example subjects perform a digit cancellation task and
> their performace on this task is measured. The between factor (a) represents
> 3 different motivations, and the repeated factor (b) represents four trials
> on this task. Four subjects were assigned to each of the 3 conditions, and
> their performance was measured on 4 trials.
>
> <cut>

And then very helpfully Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
posts the data in a nice do file (keppel.do).  (Not repeated
here.)

I ran the do-file Joseph provided and it appears to agree with
what Viviand says the book is reporting.  My guess is that
Viviand had some kind of data input or reshaping error when he
tried the analysis.

If you feel that something is still wrong, please email me and I
will try to help.

Ken Higbee    [email protected]
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC