st: RE: xtgraph without error bars

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: xtgraph without error bars
Date   Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:03:11 +0100

Javier Aparicio
> I have been using the xtgraph command from SSC.  When
> graphing  averages through time one can use the option
> --bar(no)-- so that the resulting graph has now error bars
> for every averaged time point.
> However, when I try to graph medians through time --with
> the option av(median)--, the -bar(no)- switch returns the
> error message:
> . xtgraph spending, gr(dummy) av(median) bar(no)
> variable __00024B not found
> r(111);
> Whereas this command works just fine:
> . xtgraph spending, gr(dummy) av(mean) bar(no)

Looks like a small bug in -xtgraph-.

Stata is being asked to -keep- a variable `av'
which has not yet been created.

I think Paul Seed, the author, may be able to
fix this by creating it upstream of the -keep-.