st: FE and groups w/out variation

From   "Guillaume Frechette" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: FE and groups w/out variation
Date   Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:35:09 +0000

Dear Statalisters: I thought I read on the list not so long ago someone who said that when estimating FE one shouldn't drop groups that do not have variation (I looked for it in the archive but couldn't find it). Did I invent this? At any rate, could someone tell me what is the 'best' procedure, keeping all groups or only the ones that have variation, and what is the logic for the answer. I would also appreciate it if someone could point me to a book or article that spells this out in writing.

Thanks in advance,

Broadband?�Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp

*
* For searches and help try: