st: tsset

From   "Landman, Todd" <>
Subject   st: tsset
Date   Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:00:24 +0100

I have a cross-national time-series data set arranged with countries (i) and
year (t) for the period 1976-2000.  I use

tsset stateid year, yearly

and it does not show the unit and time settings (as it has done for other
data sets I have used), but says there are repeated values for each panel. I
have tabulated stateid with year and find the same mean and summary stats
for each country, so I do not have a repeated year in any panel. How can I
remedy this tsset problem?

Dr. Todd Landman
Department of Government
University of Essex