st: Discriminant Analysis

From   "Lei Wang" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Discriminant Analysis
Date   Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:50:55 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm a student doing Economics in UK. Recent days I'm handling a project regarding discriminant analysis, which needs STATA to deal with the data that I have.

My project is about bankruptcy prediction. I have about 80 companies' financial statements, from which I'll use several ratios. They are: credit grade, % change in net cash cycle, gearing, net profit margin, current ratio, liquid ratio. The 'credit grade' is from 1 to 14. What I'm going to do is to use discriminant analysis to distinguish those companies into two groups (above credit grade 11 and below credit grade 11) according to above ratios.

As I'm just about to start to use STATA and I can't find enough help information about Discriminant Analysis from STATA itself, could you please give me some detail information or advice about how to proceed it?

It's an important and urgent case for me and your early response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Lei Wang
University of Bristol, UK

* For searches and help try: