st: Re: http://repec.org/docs/ssc.php

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: http://repec.org/docs/ssc.php
Date   Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:35:57 -0500

Scott R. Millis ([email protected]) wrote
> (1) In Stata 7, when I issue the following command: findit glmcorr,
> Stata is unable to locate this ado file at
> http://repec.org/docs/ssc.php. Why?

The crawler for -net search- (used by -findit-) follows all the links
to packages found in stata.toc files on sites that it indexes.

It appears that neither -gcause- nor -glmcorr- are listed in
the "g" toc file in the SSC archives:

   . net from "http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/g/";

The -net search- crawler merely follows the links in .toc and .pkg
files to build its index.  If -gcause- and -glmcorr- are added to
the stata.toc for bocode/g/ then the crawler should find and index
them tonight.

--Alan
([email protected])