st: RE: goodness-of-fit measure for svyprobit

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: goodness-of-fit measure for svyprobit
Date   Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:10:30 -0400

With survey models, logit has a pseudo-r^2, but even that is of little use,
other than to compare different models on the same data for a RELATIVE
goodness of fit.  About the best approach is a table of some type based on
predicted values.  See for example Korn, E. and Graubard B. "Analysis of
Health Surveys" pages 106-108.  Available in the Stata bookstore, I believe.

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: joachim Wagner [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 2:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: goodness-of-fit measure for svyprobit

Dear All:

A referee asks for a goodness-of-fit measure for a model I estimated with
svyprobit. Maybe because svyprobit is not a "true" ML estimator I cannot
find such a number in the output. Although I do not see what we can learn
from such a measure I do not want to struggle with the referee. Can
somebody out there help me finding a solution? Many thanks in advance.

Joachim

Prof. Dr. Joachim Wagner
University of Lueneburg
Institute of Economics