RE: st: RE: Query: How do I test trend across i.v. categories within logistic?

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Query: How do I test trend across i.v. categories within logistic?
Date   Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:20:32 +0100

N.Steggles

> Thanks for the suggestion, however, replacing the 4df quintiles
> version of the variable by a 1df linear version results in
> a different
> model.  What I want to do is replace it by a set of polynomial
> orthogonal dummy variables totalling 4df as can be done in SPSS.
> Can you tell me how to do this in STATA?

That wasn't clear to me.

I think John Hendrickx's -desmat- may be what you need.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk