Stata The Stata listserver
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

RE: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels


From   Roger Harbord <Roger.Harbord@bristol.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   RE: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels
Date   Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:07:33 +0100

--On 04 October 2002 14:02 +0100 Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk> wrote:

> You can also get the most up to date version by ssc
install reformat,
> replace. I just did.
>
> ! version 1.1.3  26Aug02 arb
> *! Reformats the output from regression commands
> *! (c) Sealed Envelope Ltd, 2002


Then why doesn't it work for me???  :

___________Stata output starts ____________________

. which reformat
c:\ado\stbplus\reformat.ado
*! version 1.0.2   9mar00 arb
*! Reformats the output from regression commands

. ssc install reformat, replace
checking reformat consistency and verifying not already installed...
all files already exist and are up-to-date.

. which reformat
c:\ado\stbplus\reformat.ado
*! version 1.0.2   9mar00 arb
*! Reformats the output from regression commands


Can anyone make any sense of this??

Your -reformat- which you were running is in c:\ado\stbplus.

-ssc- installs -reformat in c:\ado\stbplus\r, off this,
or off of this, as our U.S. friends often say.

If you type

. which reformat, all

my guess is that you will see the two
separate files, and Stata's -adopath-
rules give precedence to c:\ado\stbplus.

Also, -ssc- did not in fact -replace-
any file, so you got no message to
that effect.

I don't know how the older -reformat-
got in that directory. Perhaps it
was put there by hand.

I suggest you

. erase c:\ado\stbplus\reformat.ado

and everything should be OK.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk
Yup, Nick's quite right. I'd just worked out myself that that was the problem, after first suspecting our cache server like Bill Gould and re-installing 'by hand' using netscape, then finding it had made no difference.

I've got several other programs installed in c:\ado\stbplus\ too, so perhaps I should move them to the appropriate subdirectory to prevent this happening again. I'm sure I didn't install anything in there by hand myself, so I'm not sure why they're not in a subdirectory. I changed from Intercooled Stata to StataSE in June - could that have anything to do with it?? Or did I use a different command, rather than -ssc install-, which put them there? I'm afraid I can't remember precisely how I installed each package - I usually do it via the 'Help' menu.

Thanks to everyone who answered my original query or tried to work out why the solutions weren't working! I think I need to get on with the analysis now..
(Consider that an attempt to close the thread.)

Roger.
----------------------------------------------------
Roger Harbord mailto:roger.harbord@bristol.ac.uk
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
* http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/




© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index