RE: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels

From   John Hendrickx <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: how to make xi dummies inherit labels
Date   Thu, 3 Oct 2002 06:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello once again,

I've forgoten my own command syntax, it should be:

desmat: logistic siweekT2 age10yy2, desrep(exp)

There's an example on this in the help file although I suppose you do
have to know where to find it.

As for the speed problems, I'm mystified. I just tried a dataset with
20375 cases and 238 variables and that was no problem (although I did
have to increase matsize and memory). You might want to try desmat as
a command, see if that sheds some light on the problem:

desmat age10yy2
logistic siweekT2 _x_*
desrep, exp
drop _x_*

Of course, if you already have an alternative solution then there's
no need to waste any more time, but I'm curious about this speed
problem with desmat. Pretty strange.

John Hendrickx