[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
st: Problems with ssc-ideas
Hi. The last two days, I have been unable to access the ssc-ideas via
Stata. I do the following:
* Go to the Help menu/STB & user-written programs
* In the viewer, click on "STB and more http://www.stata.com"
* Click on "users materials by various people including
* Click on "ssc-ideas Boston College SSC archive, programs
posted to Statalist"
At this point, I get the following error message:
"file http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/stata.toc not found
1) is not a valid URL, or
2) could not be contacted, or
3) is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).
current site is still http://www.stata.com/users/
Oddly, "ssc whatsnew" from the command line works fine. I can get to
http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/ via my web browser, so I don't think it's a
Is anyone else experiencing this difficulty? Can anyone make
suggestions as to how to fix the problem? I am using a fully up-to-date
Stata/SE v7 on Windows XP.
Assistant Professor of Strategy
College of Commerce & Business Administration
Univeristy of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
* For searches and help try: