st: Problems with ssc-ideas

From   "Hoetker, Glenn" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Problems with ssc-ideas
Date   Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:19:03 -0500

Hi.  The last two days, I have been unable to access the ssc-ideas via
Stata.  I do the following:

* Go to the Help menu/STB & user-written programs
* In the viewer, click on   "STB and more";
* Click on     "users     materials by various people including
StataCorp employees"
* Click on     "ssc-ideas         Boston College SSC archive, programs
posted to Statalist"

At this point, I get the following error message:

"file not found either
  1)  is not a valid URL, or
  2)  could not be contacted, or
  3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

current site is still

Oddly, "ssc whatsnew" from the command line works fine.  I can get to via my web browser, so I don't think it's a
DNS problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this difficulty?  Can anyone make
suggestions as to how to fix the problem?  I am using a fully up-to-date
Stata/SE v7 on Windows XP.

Many thanks!

Glenn Hoetker
Assistant Professor of Strategy
College of Commerce & Business Administration
Univeristy of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
(217) 265-4081