Re: st: Wish: Docking Windows

From   Steven Dubnoff <sdubnoff@circlesys.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Wish: Docking Windows
Date   Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:04:29 -0700

At 03:36 PM 9/29/2002 +0300, you wrote:

Then you could adjust the size of the main, parent window and the child
windows will resize automatically.

Comments?
You don't need docking windows for child windows to resize automatically.

I think docking windows are one of the dumbest "innovations" to ever occur in user interface design. Windows attach themselves to whatever and then you cannot get them back to where they belong without a struggle. Only MS's new dynamically changing menus are a dumber idea.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff sdubnoff@circlesys.com
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/