st: RE: RE: Programming function keys on key board to do STATA functions

From   "Ganesh, Saravana" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Programming function keys on key board to do STATA functions
Date   Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:51:31 +0100

>I have no idea whether this is the right season for wish lists, I live
>in a country where one is allowed wish lists at any time.
>
>I would gladly see in ... <snip>

I use 2 editors in Windows. Very often I copy (control C) then paste
(Control v) to the Stata editor. But to "do current file" in the Stata
editor I have to pick up the mouse and find the do button. It would be
nice
to have another Control + key command to "do current file".
Alternatively,
allow a function key to be programmed to do this task.
<snip>

In answering this wish of Fred, I always follow this method...
After doing the codes in the do file I  save it using CTRL + S.
Then I use ALT + TAB to go Stata's editor window and type do x, x being
the name of the do file I just saved. It helps if I save the do file
with a small name. Maybe there are other quick ways of doing it, but I
find it useful especially when my hand refuses to go to the mouse.
It would be great though to have a function key programmed to do this or
have a quick CTRL+key command.
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and are intended
addressed.

This communication represents the originators personal views and
opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of The Royal College of
Surgeons of England.

If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

http://www.rcseng.ac.uk

Registered Charity Number: 212808