st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: tabulation of variables

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: tabulation of variables
Date   Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:55:22 +0100

Banya, Winston
> Thanks Nick [Winter]. It seems to work but some of the variables are
> not numeric and
> so when I took that into account I am geeting an error message.
> I wrote in  the last line you sent me: list 'v2' if 'v1'==.
> | 'v1'=="&" and
> then the error message was that 'v1'is an invalid name.
> Note the in this
> database the missinbg value for a string variable is
> designarted as &. How
> can I modify it ?

Whatever the variable,

will be illegal. If the variable is numeric,
then it cannot be compared with a string,
and indeed vice versa.

I would replace

and use -missing()- in any case
to test for missings. That will work