st: RE: VARLAG help

From   "Garbero,A (pgt)" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: VARLAG help
Date   Thu, 19 Sep 2002 05:13:52 +0100

I am just wondering if you could give me two answere to some very simple questions tabout the ordered logit model:

1) When exactly should a Wald test be used as opposed to a t-test?
2) I have run an ordered logit analysis on my data. For one of my independent variables,which has 4 categories, two out of 4 categories seem to be non-significant. Does this mean that I have to drop the whole variiable from the analysis or can I just take out the non-significant categories?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Horowitz []
Sent: 19 September 2002 05:08
Subject: st: VARLAG help

I am a grad student at Harvard attempting to use the VARLAG module.
Unfortunately, when I try to use it, even when I use the example data set
you provided, I always get the same reply:

if not allowed

What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Horowitz

Michael Horowitz
102 Kinnaird Street
Cambridge, MA 02139