Re: st: pass matrix as argument to program

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: pass matrix as argument to program
Date   Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:06:18 +0000

Just an idea: How about passing only the name of the matrix and letting the
user define the matrix before issue the command. That is, the user needs to
specify

.. matrix A = 0.5 \ 2\ 3
.. mycmd, duration(x) pattern(A)

And the program would be something like:

----------------
syntax, duration(int) pattern(string)
* Do something with the matrix
local a = `pattern'[1,1]
di `a'
end
-----------------

There are also ways to access the numbers of a numlist directly. Here is just
one example:

program define myprog
  syntax, num(numlist)
  local a: word 6 of `num'