st: compiler for likelihood routines?

From   "Buettner,T" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: compiler for likelihood routines?
Date   Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:06:37 +0100

Dear list:

I've programmed a ml estimation with method "d2".
Computation of the Hessian is quite tricky though and a full call of the likelihood including computation of the gradient and the Hessian still takes quite a bit of time, so that one maximisation can easily run for hours.

Hours rather than days is of course acceptable, but I am still wondering whether there is a way to speed things up e.g. by compiling the likelihood routine?
Does anyone know whether this is possible?

Thomas Buettner