st: Odds Ratio and logistic regression

From   BISSERY Alvine <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Odds Ratio and logistic regression
Date   Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:25:31 +0200

Hello all,

I'm doing a logistic regression , with only one variable

logistic Y X

The variable X is a dummy variable coded 0,1,2,3 , so I use the function:

xi:logistic Y i.X

This gives me 4 OR , and 4 CI

I used the command "tabodds Y X" to compare the resultas, and I've been very
surprised that the p value and CI are really different with these 2 methods
(p=0.024 or p=0.064)

Why the results are so different ? I know that the test used are differents
(Wald and Chi-2), but which test do I have to choose ?

Thank you for your help

Alvine Bissery