Re: st: Stat-Transfer Ver.6

From   Steven Dubnoff <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stat-Transfer Ver.6
Date   Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:30:40 -0700

2. If I manage to update Stat - Transfer Ver 6.0, and transfer my original Ver 7.0 files to SPSS , will I still face the same problem (a variable name which is more than 8 characters) this time with SPSS.
Stat/Transfer will make your variable names legal in the target system. In this case, it will truncate the variable names to eight characters, substitute underscores for illegal characters such as blanks, and finally, if necessary, it will make your variable names unique by appending a digit.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/