st: Version of -foundit- files (WAS: Generating random variates)

From   "Nick Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Version of -foundit- files (WAS: Generating random variates)
Date   Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:20:19 -0400

I've mentioned before, but I'll mention again, my feeling that this is a
problem.  I wonder if -findit-, -net describe-, and other such programs
could be modified to (optionally) display the "*!" lines of any ado
files they turn up?  As urged by the recently-created stylerules.hlp,
those lines at the beginning of an ".ado" file often include the version
number and date, which would make it easy to compare with what's
installed.

Nick Winter